The enterprise mobility framework mainly consists of two components namely the Middleware and the Mobile App. The middleware consists of the following components:
- Authentication / Authorization layer is to make sure that unauthorized users won't have access and also to filter the content according to the permission of the user.
- Business logic layer is a framework that provides placeholders for attaching application specific action handlers. It also provides access to a bunch of services through standard protocols listed below:
- Location Service is provided by the Ideation LBS engine where the devices (to be tracked) are continuously updating their location
- Messaging Service uses the SMS Gateway to send SMS alerts to respective recipients
- Business Process Service is for executing process tasks e.g., initiate a task, clearing pending approvals, etc. through the Ideation BPM Engine at the back-end.
- Payment Service is for serving payment related requests which are routed through the Payment Gateway
- Analytics Services allows users to perform basic analytics related tasks depending on the capability of the device
The Mobile Application is running in the devices and communicating with the middleware and the data-structure used for this communication is uniform irrespective of the device platform. The mobile application might be a native application specific to the device platform or it might be a generic one based on html or html5.